Friday, July 13, 2018

Won't You Be My Neighbor? Hello Neighbor.

Mr. Rogers Neighborhood has always had a huge impact on who I am as a person. Growing up I never really had any friends. I was a classic nerd who didn't like to play outside. All I wanted to do was watch television and play video games. Mr. Rogers Neighborhood was one of those television programs that I watched. He would always teach me how to be a polite and kind person to others. I always thought I was different and that's why I didn't have friends because I thought or acted a certain way. Mr. Rogers taught me that it's okay to be who are and he loves you no matter what. My parents raised me to be a good person and teach me right from wrong but there is no doubt in my mind that Mr. Rogers molded me into the positive, polite and kind person that I am today. I'm of true belief that what I saw in Mr. Rogers was true.

Last night I saw the latest documentary about Mr. Fred Rogers titled Won't You Be My Neighbor. It was a wonderful insight into this kind and gentle man who just wanted to share the love that he had for the world and for children. He was very innovative in his positive thinking and messaging. He is what the world needs today. Someone who in the midst of all this chaos in the world can tell everyone that he loves them. Love and kindness are very powerful tools and will help you be very successful in this world. Yes you have to work hard as well but it's as equally important to work hard at being kind to others.

The world needs a Mr. Rogers right now. I have my own Mr. Rogers in my work place. His name is Fred Blankenship from WSB-TV. He's the most kind, gentle, positive, inspirational person that I know. He will greet you with an infectious smile that will brighten your darkest of days. He listens. He teaches. He laughs. I talked to him this morning and let him know that what he does every day touches someone in a positive way. I thanked him for being my Mr. Rogers. I hope that everyone can find a Mr. Rogers in their life. When you do find him or her, tell them thank you.

Thank you Mr. Fred Rogers. Thank you Mr. Fred Blankenship.

The greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving. - Fred Rogers



No comments:

Post a Comment